Fees50 minute session without referral
If claiming a Medicare Rebate (must have a referral and Mental Health Plan)
Medicare Rebate ($88.25)
Medicare RebateYou can claim a Medicare rebate for your counselling sessions. To claim these rebates, you must have a Mental Health Care Plan referral. Eligible people can receive:
• 10 individual counselling sessions in a calendar year.
• They must be for a minimum of 30 minutes duration.
• Your referring doctor will assess your progress after the first six sessions.
You are entitled to a rebate available from us on your payment immediately, or available through your local Medicare branch upon presentation of our Invoice.
Note that you do not require a referral from a GP unless you intend to claim a Medicare rebate. Appointments can be made as follows:
Appointments1. if you don’t intend to claim a Medicare rebate, simply phone 0417752768. Your call will be returned within 24 hours.
2. If you are a patient of East Toowoomba, make an appointment with your GP to complete a Mental Health Care Plan, and make a psychology appointment at Reception. Bring your referral letter and mental health plan to the appointment
3. If you are NOT a patient of East Toowoomba, make an appointment with your GP to complete a Mental Health Care Plan, and make a psychology appointment by phoning 0417752768. Bring your referral letter and mental health plan to the appointment
For further information, see www.barrysheehan.com.au or please contact Barry by phone 417752768 or by email: email@example.com
Sessions are usually 50 to 60 minutes with the fee being $143.80 per session
If you have a GP mental health plan, you are entitled to up to 10 sessions; (your GP may refer you for an initial six sessions, and then may refer you for an additional four sessions). There is a Medicare rebate of $84.80 per session,
To be eligible to receive psychological services under Medicare, a person must be referred by his/her GP or in some instances by a psychiatrist or a paediatrician.
Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)Some employers will pay for counselling or pay for professional supervision ; I can provide confidential counselling to employees and their household members to assist in solving personal, family and work-related problems. Ask your employer. I am available too to be contracted by national EAP providers to provide services in South West Qld.
Areas of ExpertiseAlcohol use disorder
Attention deficit disorder
Co-occurring anxiety and depression
Drug use disorder
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Post traumatic stress disorder
Therapeutic Techniques IncludeCognitive behaviour therapy
Problem-solving skills training
Social skills training
Parent management training
Solution-focused brief therapy
Psycho-education (including motivational interviewing)
Relaxation strategies /Progressive muscle relaxation/Controlled breathing
Social skills training
Narrative therapy for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
What do I Offer
I offer services to individuals, couples, families, agencies and communities.
- Professional supervision to CEOs/Managers/senior staff
- Review programs
- Advice to NGOs
- Facilitate stakeholder linkages
- Toowoomba Darling Downs & South West Qld
- Regional, Rural & Remote specialist
- Contracted services to NGOs
20 years experience
As a psychologist, manager, CEO and supervisor. Barry has worked extensively with individuals, couples, families, agencies, communities as well as with managers and of NGOs and NFPs in many parts of regional rural Queensland.